Friday, September 27, 2013

Reaching others

So I set the settings on this blog to allow the public to see it.  I didn't actually expect anyone other than my family and friends to see it but it turns out other people are reading it!!  I received an email from a woman named Heather.  She read about Kyleigh and sent her well wishes.  In addition, she shared her story with me.  While Kyleigh doesn't have what Heather has, I think it is important that her message be shared.  She found Kyleigh;s blog for a reason.  Who knows what good will come from sharing her story.  I do know that no harm can come from it!  So please take a minute to read Heather's story:

I am a wife, mother, and a mesothelioma survivor. When my daughter was 3 ½ months old, I was diagnosed with this rare and deadly cancer, and given 15 months to live. Despite my grim prognosis, I knew that I needed to beat the odds for my newborn daughter, Lily. It’s been 7 years now and I feel that it’s my duty to pay it forward by inspiring others.In honor of upcoming Mesothelioma Awareness Day (September 26), I want to use my personal story to help raise awareness of this little known cancer, and to provide a sense of hope for others facing life’s difficult challenges. I would love it you would help me spread awareness by sharing the campaign page on your blog so hopefully your readers will participate! My goal is 7,200 social media shares - your support will help get me there!
Here is the link: www.mesothelioma(dot)com/heather/awareness/

Please copy and paste this link and share it on Facebook or Twitter etc.  Good Luck Heather!! I hope this helps and I wish you and your family the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment